How do I apply?
On the website, click the “Submit an Application” button. This will take you to our Application Platform where you need to create an account in order to enter your application data.
When is the application deadline?
For Project grants and Saving Lives at Birth grants, the application deadline is 1st April and 1st October every year. For Program support and the Bjørn Lind stipend, the application deadline is 1st April every year.
Does the application have to be written in English?
The board prefers applications to be written in English. However, applications in Norwegian, Swedish and Danish will also be accepted.
Which costs are covered by a grant? Indirect cost/salary/infringement costs?
The Foundation will only cover costs directly related to the project. General institutional overhead costs will not be covered. It is important that costs that can be covered from other sources, as well as applications submitted to other possible funding agencies are specified in the budget overview of the application.
If the total budget exceeds the amount limit for awards from the Foundation, it is important that the application includes a description on how the remaining costs will be covered.
What is not fundable by the Foundation?
In general, any project that is not addressing the description of Strategy 2020.
Moreover; applications that
- lack a clear hypothesis and a well considered methodology
- bring nothing new
- are of local interest only
- are considered to be ethically questionable
- relate to a commercial initiative
- are received from a PI/Group that has received another grant from the Laerdal Foundation (incl. Program grants) within the previous 12 month period
- lacking reports on previously received grants
- are considered to have a very unrealistic budget, or little chances of raising required additional funding from other sources
When can I expect feedback to my application?
All applicants will receive a confirmation e-mail once an Application has been submitted. The confirmation e-mail will indicate when an evaluation can be expected. Results and feedback from the foundation board evaluation will usually be available 6-8 weeks after the application deadline.
For any queries or clarifications, please contact: Foundation.firstname.lastname@example.org